SOCAR Downstream Management
Chief Production Engineer (Commodity Area)
Son tarix 23 sen 2023 - [email protected]
To monitor working conditions across sections under his/her responsibility and ensure that operations are performed in accordance with production instructions issued by Planning and Optimization Division; provide necessary supervision effort in view of comments from Technical Services, Maintenance and related departments. To monitor the normal operation of the unit in accordance with HSE standards. To participate, according to instructions, in commissioning, shutdown and emergency intervention of tanks and equipment. To control necessary preparations made as part of daily maintenance plan; supervise relevant processes and suggest solutions to resolve issues. Regularly review production instructions, procedures, manuals and other documents, as well as suggest necessary corrections and provide the required briefing on the subject. Comply to applicable regulatory, standards and instructions. To monitor process and sectoral innovations of the unit under his/her responsibility, change in legal regulations and standards; prepare proposals for adapting the unit under his/her responsibility.
- To identify situations that pose a risk to occupational health, safety and the environment in the area under his/her responsibility, implement appropriate procedures to prevent environmental pollution by following the waste management procedure and initiate corrective or preventive actions as appropriate.
- To review technical documents related to commissioning and subsequent processes carried out at the tanks and realted equipment, making sure the processes within his/her area of responsibility are applied on the basis of these technical documents.
- To provide areas with process regulations, necessary work instructions, technical safety and fire safety instructions and other necessary documents and organize their compliance.
- To supervise the preparation of contracts and invoices necessary for the acceptance and loading of commodity products.
- To participate in the inventory of main assets, equipment and materials.
- To organize regular inspection of tanks, devices and equipment, participate closely in the preparation of maintenance schedules, passports and other documents.
- To ensure that the reports related to the production activity of the area are prepared and submitted to the relevant departments of the refnery within the specified period.
- To control and ensure the correct technical operation and upgrade of all tanks, devices and equipment in the area for the sake of their efficient and uninterrupted operation.
- To organize the loading of RTCs with crude and petroleum products at the railway racks.
- To make sure that RTC loading facilities (hoses, valves etc.), drainage system, and communication equipment are always in good condition.
- To organize and supervise the proper acceptance, loading, unloading of tankers at the loading pier and documentation operations, including compliance with technical safety and fire safety regulations.
- To work on the adaptation of new processes and their application to production, participate in the development of organizational and engineering approaches to timely adoption of new techniques and equipment and technology upgrade, and supervise their implementation.
- To participate in drafting of plans in respect of the application of new measurement techniques and automation tools.
- To organize the procurement of goods and materials, spare parts, and auxiliary materials necessary for the operation of the area, and in order to provide employees with special clothing and PPEs.
- To ensure the protection and effective utilization of the refinery's property provided for the use in his/her area.
- To participate in trainings organized by the Production Directorate or other related departments, such as "root cause", "fault finding", etc., as well as in business and manufacturing excellence activities initiated for his/her area of responsibility (RBI, Asset management, etc.).
- To carry out the lead engineer's duties by special assignment when the latter is temporarily absent from work.
- Academic background in Chemical, Oil&Gas or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 3 years experience in Refinery or Petrochemical (downstream) industry
- MS Office and DCS programs knowledge
- Technical experience in commissioning/shutdown of the unit.
- Understanding of technical documents (process diagrams, cause and effect diagrams, equipment certificates etc.)
- Experience in critical interventions
- Simple engineering calculation skills
- Knowledge of refinery processes
- Knowledge of language English
- Management skills: Decision making, leadership, risk management, delegation of authority.
Kindly submit your CV and indicate the position you are applying for in the Subject line. All applications for the advertised post will be assessed and given equal opportunities.
Application closing date: 22.09.2023
SOCAR Upstream Management International LLC
Senior Engineer / Electrical
Son tarix 07 okt 2023 [email protected]
- Supervise project activities in all stages of Oil and Gas projects, report to the Head of Function.
- Control and analysis of electrical equipment for the activities of contractor organizations in project concept selection, preliminary engineering, detailed engineering and other engineering works
- Supervise multidisciplinary engineering activities to ensure safe, efficient, cost-effective and timely implementation of projects, prepare appropriate electrical engineering analysis and proposals.
- Act as technical coordination interface with operating Companies;
- Ensure that the project meets the requirements of applicable regulations and standards;
- Participate in managing the efficient delivery of the project within schedule, cost and quality standards.
- Participate in the preparation of all project reports, identification and management of the interface.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering
- More than 5 years work experience in this area of the oil and gas industry
- Proficiency in Azeri, and English
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including facilitation of group presentations.
Relevant candidates must send their updated CV’s.