Son tarix 21 may 2022
Pay Band: H / PB4
Duration: Indefinite contract
Reports to: Finance Manager / Senior Accountant
Salary: 1 300 USD monthly (gross) paid in AZN.
To support the end to end accounting process in the country, including month and year end close, to ensure consistent, accurate and robust financial accounting processes in line with local and corporate accounting practices and policies
In accordance with British Council equal opportunities, diversity and other corporate policies:
- Complete all financial tasks required for the financial year-end pre-closing steps and provide support as required for the financial year-end closing steps.
- Maintain financial records as per corporate policy and internal audit.
- Provide support as required on accounting transactions and adjustments (accruals, deferrals and provisions), including Intercompany accounting.
- Provide support as required with manual journals and off-system payments requests ensuring accuracy and compliance with relevant policies.
- Assist with reconciliation of all relevant accounts and ensure that this is completed to corporate standards.
- Assist Finance Manager and accounting & taxation services provider with preparation of local Tax reports, submissions and other statutory returns.
- Complete Travel & Expenses audits as per policy addressing issues in a promptly manner.
- Assist / Finance Manager, WE Financial Controller and accounting & taxation services provider with provision of information to internal / external auditors.
- Assist in the implementation of internal and external audit recommendations.
- Assist accounting & taxation services provider in monthly VAT accounts reconciliations.
- Responsible for ensuring integrity of cash collection process – material responsibility
- Responsible for ensuring integrity of customers refund process.
- Support the income reconciliation process by extracting relevant reports.
- Ensure compliance with treasury policy.
- Consolidate and submit cash flow for the country
- Assist to review and maintain GL accounts
- Submit relevant documents to local bank as requested including bank mandates updates.
- Process online payment orders and cash withdrawals through the bank
- Payroll taxation and accounting in line with local legislation
- Processing of payroll related online payment orders for the bank
- Prepare and submit all relevant information to accounting & taxation services provider for local accounting and tax reporting
- Sense check the accuracy of monthly VAT reports prepared by outsourced company
- Maintain the local e-tax portal Maintain the finance documents and archive
- Perform inventory management; provide inventory check on quarterly and annual basis in line with local and internal policies.
- Passport requirements/ Right to work in country: Eligible to live and work in Azerbaijan
- Minimum / essential: Excellent spoken and written communications skills in English and Azerbaijani
- Desirable: Knowledge of Russian
- Minimum / essential: University Degree in Finance/Accounting
- Desirable: Diploma/certificate in IFRS (ACCA, CIMA, DipIFR); MPS – Azerbaijan Certified accountant
Role Specific Knowledge & Experience:
Minimum / essential:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role / Proved accounting experience;
- High experience in Excel;
- Experience in local accounting, taxation and reporting.
- Experience in working with a diverse team;
- Experience in working with SAP& 1C.
British Council Core Skills:
- Analysing Data and Problems / Level 1: Is systematic – Breaks down problems into a list of tasks to be done and decides on appropriate action.
- Communicating and Influencing / Level 2: Relates communications to circumstances – Displays good listening, writing and speaking skills, setting out logical arguments clearly and adapting language and form of communication to meet the needs of different people/audiences.
- Managing risks / Level 1: Follows good practices – Demonstrates understanding of risk management policies and procedures and record of following them.
- Planning and Organising / Level 1: Is methodical – Able to plan own work over short timescales for routine or familiar tasks and processes.
- Managing People / Level 2: Supervises a small team – Supervises a small team of people doing similar jobs to deliver short term tasks to agreed quality and time standards.
- Financial Reporting and Compliance - Level 1: Understand and apply general compliance standards. Understand core elements of financial statements and reports.
- Professional Accounting Standards - Level 1: Apply accounting principles to accurately record financial transactions and maintain appropriate supporting documentation.
- Transactional Accounting and Closing - Level 1: Understand and apply the British Council's accounting practices. Understand and apply account reconciliations. Highly organised and deadline oriented. High level of accuracy and attention to detail.