In March 2015 the State Oil Company of Azerbaijan Republic (SOCAR) and KBR announced an agreement to establish a new engineering and support Services Company in Azerbaijan. The legal entity name of the new company is SOCAR-KBR LLC and provides design, engineering, technical, procurement, construction supervision and project management services for projects across the upstream, midstream and downstream oil and gas sectors, in the Azerbaijan – Georgia – Turkey (AGT) region. The key objective of this strong partnership is to create a world class Azerbaijan-based EPCM services company that will utilize the strengths of both organizations and deliver top quality results by utilizing, developing and promoting Azerbaijani national content. The company has a long-term commitment from both organizations.
Position Title: Principle Specialist Information Management – PowerBI + SSRS Developer
Work Location: Baku
Under general direction, assist, promotes, and coordinates effective management of information and data throughout the project environment utilising information systems, technology and tools to deliver life-cycle project information and data in accordance with Client and contractual requirements. Supports the project with creating and operating a data centred execution method. Manages Information Management/Iinformation Technology (IM/IT) requirements and arranges for systems or IM education or training needs. Adheres to quality processes to ensure effective control of engineering data, documentation and the 3D model. Monitors conformance with IM/IT standards, policies, procedures, and best practices. Data processing and reporting specialist.
Define, specifiy and develop Power BI and SSRS reporting as required to provide status, progress and analyisis of large complex engineering and document management data sets including summary and trend statistics and graphical representation and dashboarding techniques.
• Extensive experience of tools used to summarise data, including but not limited to Power BI and SSRS
• Expertise with writing and optimising stored procedures and query performance
• Expertise with interpreting business customers’ reporting requirements and converting them to friendly, useful summary reports that can be generated quickly and easily.
• Understanding project data including but not limited to document registers, schedule information, engineering data and 3d models and exploiting the links between these. These data will come from multiple sources.
• Proven analysis and problem-solving skills
• Designing and implementing new business logic / reports inside stored procedures within the existing system / reporting framework, as well as enhancing and maintaining existing functionality
• Very high level of motivation
• Self-sufficiency and be creative in thinking, when it comes to reporting/data solutions.
• A strong background with the Microsoft BI stack (SSIS, SSRS, Power BI).
• Strong communication skills with all levels of the organisation
• Work with others to develop reports that can be adapted for use on numerous projects, potentially becoming the company and industry standard – irrespective of application used to generate the source data and/or the application used to generate and display the reports.
• Strong appreciation and understanding of class libraries (such as CFIHOS), engineering information and relation database solutions.
• Must be a good communicator, confident, assertive, self-motivated, a team leader, goal orientated, innovative, and proactive & forward looking.
• At least 10 years of experience of using Power BI and working in an engineering based information management role
• Must be able to accept responsibility and understanding accountability.
• Able to identify & facilitate the effective resolution of problems, making optimal use of available resources.
• Must be able to positively influence the culture of the Information/Document Management Group.
• Must be able to interact at all levels of the Organisation.
CVs to be submitted to: [email protected]
(Please indicate the position “Principle Specialist Information Management – PowerBI + SSRS Developer” in the subject line of the e-mail).