Title: Contracts Team Leader
This position is responsible for drafting, negotiating, and managing contracts where “SOCAR Polymer” LLC is a party and supervising the work of contract specialist and distributed buyer/procurement specialist for construction related tenders
• Prepare bid strategy
• Prepare bid (ITB/RFP) documents in coordination with Engineering, Construction and other related departments, review and issue it to approved bidders.
• During bid process hold bid clarification meeting with each bidder, make a site visit, explain the contractual terms, and coordinate the technical clarification issues between the engineering/construction team and the bidders.
• Carry out commercial evaluation of the bid results, coordinate between bidder and internal technical team for proposal’s technical evaluation, prepare evaluation report and gives recommendation to management on the result of the bid.
• Draft new contracts, and work/review on existing template contracts, or contract submitted by third party.
• Negotiate the terms of the contract at the pre-award and award stages of the contract with third parties.
• Ensure all contractually required documents (contractor’s registry documents, licenses, insurances, guarantee letters) are in place and in accordance with the contractual requirement.
• Take risk mitigating issues for company in all contract related documents.
• Prepare the Contract Summary for internal use.
• Manage contract from the date it is signed until the contractor completes the work.
• Track the status of the Contractor’s work, giving relevant site instructions if required by Project manager
• Prepare the relevant change order, work variation to the Contract upon Project Manager request.
• Evaluates claim, change orders submitted by Contractor, and provides an answer to it, either accept or reject it.
• Track the status of all claims, changes submitted from the Contractor.
• Provide contract related advise to internal departments.
• Resolve problems associated with ambiguous contract provisions, and interpretation of the contractual terms.
• Review and approve invoices
• Keep record of all the correspondence between Contractor and Company, study all official letter/email sent by Contractor, and prepare an answer,
• Attend progress meetings for each Contract, trace Contractor’s performance,
• Carry out the close out works for each Contract.
• Supervise the work of contract specialist and distributed buyer/procurement specialist for construction related tenders
• Other duties requested by Line Manager
• Considerable knowledge of commercial law
• Having knowledge of international contract management practice
• Knowledge of the basic principles of management and ability to supervise the work of mentees
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other disciplines and contractors
• Minimum 5 - 8 years of work experience in contracts, legal, commercial disciplines.
• Advanced knowledge of Azerbaijani and English languages
• Knowledge of holding negotiations easily and drafting the contracts in Azerbaijan and English languages is required. Knowledge of Russian is desirable, but will not establish a priority for the candidate.
• Commercial awareness
• Organizational skills
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office Applications & Office Equipment
• SOFT SKILLS:
• Strong teamwork skills
• Supervision skill
• Strong communication skills
• Strategic thinking and analysis skills
• Strong network building and relationship management skills
• Influencing and persuasion skills
• Contract management
• Strong Negotiation skills
• Critical-thinking skills
• Good problem-solving skills with a tenacity to seek continuous improvement.
• Ability to react quickly in urgent environment
• Detail Oriented.
• Working understanding of all applicable contract management policies, procedures, rules and regulations
TRAINING & EDUCATION NEEDED:
• Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree (in a relevant field if applicable)
• Familiarity of international best practices in contract procedures and project follow-up
Interested candidates should follow the link below:
The above vacancy is addressed to nationals of Azerbaijan or with permanent residency in Azerbaijan. All eligible applications for the advertised post will be assessed and given equal opportunities.
Application closing date: 12 November 2021