INTERCONTINENTAL HOTEL BAKU - DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF FINANCE
As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand.
Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience. If you would like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand, soon in Baku, Azerbaijan.
• Report directly to the director of finance
• Use financial analysis, data trends and market information to anticipate needs, identify operating/financial issues, and recommend actions to maximise financial return
• Ensure all accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis and oversee the process of credit extension and collection of overdue accounts
• Manage accounts payable to balance cash flow and reputation with suppliers
• Maximise cash flow performance of the hotel through controls on inventory (avoid excessive supply), credit and collection, disbursements, deposits and remittances
• Implement and maintain acceptable accounting practices as required by company policy and procedures
• Ensure financial control procedures and systems are ethical and legal
• Manage hotel contracts (example: vendor leases and/or service contracts)
• Other ad-hoc duties – unexpected moments when we have to pull together to get a task done
• Ensure accounting practices, support the guest experience through payment options (e.g. credit card systems, room charges), inventory controls and financial dispute resolution
• Assist with the review of guidelines and collation of information for budget and forecast preparation.
• Prepare and review all journal vouchers, month-end reports and reconciliations
• Prepare, review and present the Monthly report of Operations
• Review and audit monthly payroll
• Prepare and submit all types of government reports (VAT, Social, statistic etc.)
• Oversees internal, external, and regulatory audit processes.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
• Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Accounting and Finance
• Minimum 3 years of related experience in in 4* or 5* Hotel property, pre-opening experience is plus
• Knowledge of local legislation (tax, labour, social protection)
• IFRS skills and accounting software skills Sun System, iScala, Netsis etc. Professional accounting or finance designation or certification preferred
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft office programs
• Should speak Azerbaijani and English on an upper-intermediate or higher level.
• Knowledge of accounting management duties e.g. negotiating hotel space and tenant leases; processing payroll; performing asset management duties; providing business projections, displacement analysis, preparing government reports, filing tax returns etc.
WHAT WE OFFER
In return, we will give you a competitive salary and insurance package, hotel discounts worldwide and opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we will give you Room to be yourself. So, what is your passion?
Salary package is negotiable.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position please send your resume, attached, to [email protected] stating “Deputy Director of Finance” in the subject line.