Internal Control Specialist
Son tarix 25 okt 2023 - [email protected]
Reports to: Head of Internal Control Department
The essential bits:
You’ll be performing the full assessment cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations.
- Align on control deficiencies with control owners and assists in the preparation of management remediation actions
- Track the progress of management remediation actions, informs on potential issues/ delays in a timely manner, proactively seeks solutions and highlights risk areas.
- Proactively communicate challenges and risks to the Head of Internal Control to ensure objectives are achieved on time and at the required quality
- Organize workload appropriately, plans, sets priorities, and meets deadlines efficiently.
- Assist in the design and the implementation of risk monitoring activities.
- Partner with all levels of roles across the business group and serve as an advisor in designing and implementing business processes and controls that mitigate and address risks.
- Strong relationship management skills with ability to partner and collaborate across diverse stakeholder groups at all levels in complex matrix organization.
- Must be a proactive self-starter who values personal accountability and works well under pressure in a demanding environment with ability to work with a high degree of autonomy.
- Solid organizational skills and the ability to multi-task effectively in a changing environment and/or competing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to articulate risk and control concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- Perform field work in a competent and professional manner. Provide evidential support for all control observations.
Obtain sufficient background information and knowledge, understanding of overall business process, and identification of key risks to adequately plan and execute the fieldwork.
- Identified control gaps in processes, procedures and systems through in-depth research and assessment and suggested methods for improvement.
- Developed and implemented corrective actions to bring business areas in line with standards.
- Prepared working papers, reports and supporting documentation for findings.
- Identifies key control points and weaknesses in the system or function being assessed.
- Develops innovative and creative recommendations for correcting unsatisfactory conditions, improving operations, and reducing cost.
- Identified management control weaknesses and provided value added suggestions for remediation.
What we’re looking for:
- Proven track record of successfully delivered audit work.
- Risk-based audit and control experience.
- Strong communication skills and report writing skills.
- Accounting, Internal Audit or Risk management qualification or studying towards e.g., ACA/ACCA/CIA
- Experience with risk management frameworks.
- Experience reviewing processes and identifying control weaknesses with ability to assess risks and internal controls.
- Good working knowledge of Excel and Word
- Experience in a regulated business and exposure to compliance is helpful
Who you are:
- analytical thinking and attention to detail
- ability to think objectively and demonstrate sound judgement
- enquiring mind and desire to question
- strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- ability to work effectively on your own and as part of a team
- strong ethical standards and high levels of integrity
- organization and facilitation skills
- resilience under pressure
- flexible thinking and ability to adapt to change.
Salary Range – 2500 – 3500 Net.
Insurance and Lunch will be provided by company.