Qalaatı Hotel & Spa is a medical and recreational resort complex with new and unique architectural style and a format of rest, just 120 kilometers from Baku, in Shabran region. The complex is distinguished from other complexes in Azerbaijan with its unique thermal healing water, modernity and comfort and has 157 superior-class, 16 suites rooms and 3 Villa in various design styles.
Qalaaltı Hotel & Spa in looking for open-minded and energetic Chief Accountant with diverse talents to join our Finance team at Qalaaltı Hotel & Spa.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Responsible for knowing critical functions within the department and capable of mentoring and assisting employees within the department;
• Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports;
• Assures compliance with local and corporate policies, regulations and laws;
• Reviews accounts payables and weekly check runs;
• Determines proper handling of financial transactions and approves transactions within designated limits;
• Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts, cost centers and documents business transactions;
• Distributes monthly comparison reports and cost center reports according to schedules;
• Prepares financial statements and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position;
• Analyze transactional processes and identify areas where additional accuracies and efficiencies can be achieved;
• Closely maintains and monitors the fixed assets system;
• Adheres to internal and external deadlines;
• Coordinate monthly closing process and reconciliation of general ledger accounts;
• Responsible for all taxes obligations;
• Develop and implement various accounting procedures;
• Work with both internal and external auditors during financial and operational audits;
• Maintain system of accounts and keep records on all company transactions and assets;
• Report, analyze, and ensure integrity of all financial information
• Good command in the Azerbaijani and English languages
• Excellent Computer skills - MS Office; particularly strong capabilities in MS Excel
• Knowledge of best tax and accounting practices;
• Be results oriented, enthusiastic and with strong interpersonal, analytical and follow-through skills;
• Ability to maintain a fair, consistent set of standards and adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment;
• Knowledge of local legislations to ensure the hotel is in compliance with all the stipulations;
• Ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines, attentiveness to detail;
• Knowledge of OPERA, Micros billing systems is advantage.
• Hotel experience preferred
• Good communication skills;
• Leadership skills;
• Hotel experience preferred.
If you look forward to meeting people from around the world and join our team of professionals, please send us your most up-to-date CV: [email protected]
Qalaaltı Hotel & Spa is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics or age.