SOCAR AQS LLC is a fast growing integrated drilling and well services provider. The company is expanding its activities in onshore and offshore drilling in the Caspian region and internationally.
SOCAR AQS LLC is committed to developing a world-class modern drilling entity adhering to the highest HSE and technological standards of international oil industry.
The company has been a contractor member of IADC since 2009. SOCAR AQS has been assessed and certified as meeting the requirements of ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007 international standards for: Provision of Integrated Offshore Oil & Gas Drilling and Well Services; Casing Running Services and BOP and Wellhead Equipment Repairing and Testing Services. In May 2017, SOCAR AQS has obtained the API Spec Q2 certificate.
The company is currently looking for highly motivated, experienced candidates to fill the vacant position of Economic Planning Specialist in our Economic Planning and Cost Optimisation Department.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Ensuring accurate recording and control of costs;
• Planning expenditures for the wells to be drilled as per project documents;
• Planning and preparing the corporate budget;
• Conducting comparative analysis of budget and actual costs of wells and develop economic reports;
• Conducting comparative analysis of budget and actual costs for the entire Company and develop economic reports;
• Continuously updating the database of cost drivers/benchmarks;
• Preparing and monitoring the price/value database;
• Regularly collecting and analysing financial and economic data and proved recommendations;
• Continuously learning and exploring international experience, making necessary analysis and proposing improvements/revisions to budgetary and financial rules and procedures; as and when necessary developing comprehensive economic policy and procedures;
• Ensuring that all business processes and actions of the unit are in full compliance with the standards, rules, and regulations of the Company;
• Executing tasks given by supervisor in a timely manner;
• Executing processes and procedures according to the corporate values and speaking up when any non-conformities occur.
• Planning each task considering risks related to it;
• Making sure to review and implement any improvements during risk assessment;
• Indentifying and proposing risk mitigation measures.
What you will need to be successful:
o 3-4 years of work experience in the relevant area;
o Experience in the use of qualitative and quantitative (financial/investment) analytical and modeling techniques;
o Work experience with oil and gas and/or drilling operators is an advantage.
o University Degree, preferably in the fields of Business Administration, Economics, Financial Management or Engineering.
o MS office suite, especially advanced MS Excel skills;
o Fluent Azerbaijani and English;
o Strong people skills and solid team player;
o Excellent presentation skills, outstanding formal and informal communication abilities, comfortable presenting to senior management;
o Well-developed agility;
o Able to communicate timely business insights from the data and share and defend those insights;
o Ability to think outside the current processes and make recommendations;
o Strong logical, analytic and creative thinking abilities.
SOCAR AQS LLC offers safe and stimulating work environment, highly competitive compensation package, training and professional development opportunities, and rapid career progression in a fast growing company.
If you meet criteria for success and are interested to apply for the role, please email your CV to: [email protected], clearly indicating the position title (“Economic Planning Specialist”) in the subject line of your email not later than 6pm, June 16th 2020. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.