Job Title- Assistant Manager / Senior Tax Consultant / Tax consultant
Country - Azerbaijan
Location - Baku
Function - Tax and Legal
Service Line- Tax
Job Level - Team member
Contract Type - Employment agreement
Full Time / Part Time- Full Time
About us KPMG is a global organization of independent professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We operate in 146 countries and in FY20 had close to 227,000 people working in member firms around the world. Each KPMG firm is a legally distinct and separate entity and describes itself as such.
Our Tax department professionals assist our clients in managing local and foreign taxes to achieve business goals. We help clients stay compliant with tax regulations, provide correct tax reporting and effectively deal with tax authorities. We also advise on structuring of business, deals and operations to minimize tax, financial and legal risks and maximize business value.
Opening positions in our Tax practice is an excellent opportunity to join a team of leading experts in consulting business and manage complex and exciting projects for key industry leaders as well as number of smaller companies on a local and international level.
As every organization is different, we rely on the diversity of our workforce and their individuality to make sure we fully understand our clients’ business from every angle. We understand that our people are integral to delivering high quality work.
• Structuring of tax and accounting function, optimization of internal business processes;
• Development of cost allocation for Azerbaijani and foreign companies;
• Tax advisory of large and medium-sized local and foreign enterprises on various corporate tax issues;
• Development of recommendations to improve tax efficiency;
• Analysis of the effective tax rate and search for practical ways to reduce it;
• Tax audit and tax examination of projects and providing opinions on tax positions;
• Negotiating with tax authorities;
• Providing an opinion on the tax regime.
• Tax reporting support and tax advisory for foreign multinationals operating in Azerbaijan, including complex support of foreign business at the stage of set-up;
• Accounting support and outsourcing of accounting function for KPMG clients;
• Payroll calculation and reporting
To fill the role the candidates are expected to meet the following requirements:
• Higher education (preferable in taxation, accounting, economics, finance);
• Excellent knowledge of Azerbaijan tax legislation, business environment and accounting principles;
• Excellent understanding and knowledge in taxation and accounting (PSA and non-PSA agreements, TP legislation, PIT, withholding taxes, types of accounting standards, etc.);
• Excellent understanding and knowledge of international tax and transfer pricing principles;
• Relevant experience as a Tax, Finance and/or Accounting team member in a medium/large local or foreign company;
• Possession of ACCA/CIMA/CFA certificate is an advantage;
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in Azerbaijani, English and Russian on a fluent level;
• Strong interpersonal and analytical skills;
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word, PowerPoint;
• Attention to details and readiness to work under tight deadlines;
• Motivation for professional development and career growth;
• Good team player.
What we offer:
At KPMG, your long-term future is every bit as important to us as it is to you. That is why our aim is to give you experiences that will stay with you for a lifetime. Whether it is great training and development, the chance to move around the business or volunteering opportunities, you will gain a wealth of experiences on which to build a rewarding career.
We are proud of our culture – it is one that recognizes hard work, encourages new ways of thinking and embraces diversity and inclusion. We also have an innovative spirit, which inspires what we do and how we do it – striving to be better lies at the heart of who we are. Additionally, we offer:
• Excellent opportunities for career and professional growth
• A wide range of training and development programs
• Working as part of an experienced team on complex tax projects for major Azerbaijani and multinational companies
• Valuable professional experience in local and international projects
• Great professional team and friendly environment
• Health and life insurance
To apply for the vacancy please submit your CVs to [email protected] indicating the name of the vacancy in the subject of the letter.
Start date: ASAP