Short Term Temporary Assistant at the IFC Baku Office
The International Finance Corporation (IFC), the private sector arm of the World Bank Group, is one of the leading investors and lenders in emerging markets. The mission of IFC is to promote sustainable private sector in developing countries, helping to reduce poverty and improve people's lives. IFC invests in companies on its own account as well as mobilizes capital in the international financial markets, helps clients improve social and environmental practices and provides technical assistance and advice to governments and businesses.
The IFC Baku team is looking for a highly organized, energized and seasoned professional, capable of operating effectively and discreetly in a demanding fast-paced environment, to serve as the Short-Term Temporary (STT) Team/Program Assistant to the project teams with a range of administrative and client services responsibilities.
Main Duties and Accountabilities:
• Provide a wide range of office support to the Baku teams and management to make a significant contribution to the achievement of the unit work program.
• Provide specialized support for database management, task management, major event planning and logistics, travel arrangements, editorial assistance, etc.
• Arrange meetings and ensure all logistics (hospitality, conference rooms, audiovisual, video conferences, visitor passes, etc.) are completed in a timely manner.
• Coordinate travel requests and process statement of expenses for consultants. Process STC and Firm contracts according to World Bank Guidelines.
• Assist with coordination of mission agendas as needed.
• Coordinate team schedules taking priorities into account, monitoring changes, and communicating the information to appropriate staff, including officials or clients outside the World Bank Group.
• Independently undertake diverse and complex work assignments, interpreting existing procedures and processes and application to assist with the implementation of the unit work program.
• Solve non-routine problems (e.g., respond to requests requiring file search, etc.).
• In conjunction with and under guidance from staff in a specific discipline (i.e., Resource Management, etc.) monitor specific activities, (i.e., task budget, etc.) within his/her team.
• Handle incoming and outgoing written & verbal communications with clients.
• Exercise quality enhancement for projects and documents ensuring adherence to departmental, VPU and institutional guidelines.
• Provide strong research support and use relevant IT software to retrieve, maintain and manipulate data.
• Draft, edit routine correspondence applying effective proofreading and grammar skills in English and Azerbaijani with high quality and writing standards.
• Provide support to the senior staff in their travel and logistical arrangements, i.e., hotel reservations, air ticket reservations, visa requests, as needed.
• Maintain accurate and efficient filing (paper and electronic).
• Back-up of administrative team colleagues when necessary.
Essential Specialized Skills/ Knowledge/ Competencies
• Bachelor’s degree with at least 2-3 years of experience in an international/multinational organization or equivalent combination of education and experience;
• Technology and systems knowledge - has advanced proficiency of latest technology relevant to assigned responsibilities. Demonstrates initiative in learning and/or supporting implementation of emerging technology and systems relevant to effective work of the unit.
• Excellent office support and organizational skills, including being proactive and demonstrating the ability to prioritize and deliver assignments in a timely manner, often under severe time pressure.
• Excellent command of written and spoken English and Azerbaijani, including ability independently draft a variety of formal and informal correspondence; to proofread/edit materials.
• Superior interpersonal and diplomacy skills including demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented and multi-cultural environment; demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with due discretion; ability to deal tactfully and discretely with high-level Bank and government officials.
• Project and task management - able to organize, coordinate, monitor and implement tasks and projects.
• Demonstrates ownership and accountability for results. Demonstrates innovation and creativity in promoting effectiveness.
• Institutional policies, processes, and procedures - demonstrates good knowledge of administrative and policy guidelines, practices, products and services in the area of assigned functional responsibility; can guide others in complex situations.
• Versatility and adaptability - able to anticipate, facilitate and catalyze change in the business. Demonstrates continued learning attitude.
• Client Orientation - able to establish partnership based working relationships with internal/external clients. Demonstrates independence, initiative, and autonomy in addressing clients' needs.
• Team Leadership (ACS) - provides direction to the team, making changes to processes as needed to support progress. Encourages others to grow by providing guidance, stretch assignments, & learning opportunities. Plays an active role in the unit-wide leadership teams.
• Drive for Results - takes personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results and has the personal organization to do so.
• Teamwork (collaboration) and Inclusion - collaborates with other team members and contributes productively to the team's work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
• Knowledge, Learning and Communication - able to research and draft quality written materials or review adherence of written materials prepared by others to administrative requirements.
• Business Judgment and Analytical Decision Making - able to use analytical, problem-solving skills and resourcefulness to make informed and practical decisions to carry out own work. Able to advise on information usage and storage, and policies in the area of assigned responsibilities.
• Acquires awareness of the corporate vision, strategy, and priorities; maintains a good working knowledge of the Department’s strategy, priorities, programs, and products; builds and maintains strong and reliable working relationships with internal and/or external clients, Washington, and field offices.
To apply, qualified candidates are requested to send their CV and letter of interest to [email protected].
The deadline for applications is February 7, 2020.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.