SPECIALIST, STUDENT ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE
Reporting to the Manager of Student Accounts Receivable, this position performs all aspects of collections on accounts receivable, confers with students regarding their accounts, resolves account problems, posts payments, processes reimbursements, adjustments, assists in maintaining ledgers and other account actions. This position advises students on available options for financial support both within the University and externally.
• Contacts and confers with students regarding payment of their student accounts, providing appropriate advice on funding options that may be available or arrangement of payment plans or other terms;
• Provides customer‐oriented interaction while working out payment arrangements with students;
• Maintains all financial aid and tuition waivers/scholarships/exemptions related information in Banner;
• Prepares third-party billing, exemptions/waivers and processes reimbursements when there is a credit balance on the student account; reconciles third party billing;
• Processes reimbursements following established procedures;
• Reviews and researches A/R balances; correct, reconcile, apply adjustments to student accounts, note account, and place and remove holds on student accounts;
• Provides delinquent account information to Manager of Student Accounts Receivable;
• Ensures strict confidentiality of financial records;
• Assists in all cashiering functions, including processing of daily reports;
• Provides customer‐services oriented interaction in all telephone and e‐mail responses;
• Assists in maintaining and updating the system;
• Participates in regular meetings and attend trainings as necessary;
• Participates in student Orientations as necessary;
• Processes paper documents utilizing the imaging and electronic document management system;
• Performs miscellaneous job‐related duties as assigned;
• Presents a professional appearance to the public, using excellent communication skills and maintain workspace in a clean and organized manner;
• Performs all other related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related field of study;
• Minimum two years’ experience in Accounting;
• Proficient in Microsoft Office with a strong knowledge of Excel;
• Knowledge of financial enterprise systems, and other business-related software (1C, SAP);
• Experience using word processing, spreadsheets and database applications;
• Demonstrated ability to interpret and explain established policies and procedures and make decisions based on established criteria;
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing when working with a diverse student population;
• Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills;
• Strong customer service orientation; creativity, ability to assume responsibility, take initiative and motivate others;
• Proficiency in Azerbaijani and English languages is a must.
Interested candidates are requested to submit, preferably in Word or PDF format, attached to an e-mail message: (1) a letter of interest specifying suitability for the position, when available and minimum expected salary (in AZN), (2) an updated resume and (3) the names, email and business addresses of at least 3 references.
Send materials via e-mail to [email protected] specifying the Job Title in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The cut-off date for application is June 19th, 2018.
ADA University offers a competitive remuneration package and attractive conditions of employment of high standard. For more information about ADA University, please visit www.ada.edu.az