Position: Assistant to the Dean
SCHOOL OF PUBLIC AND INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS
Under the general direction of the Dean, the Assistant provides administrative support to the Dean in a wide variety of areas including: scheduling, correspondence, maintenance of the Dean’s calendar and problem solving for the day-to-day operations of the Dean’s Office.
• Handle all the administrative tasks in the office, which includes correspondence, distribution, conference/interview set up, scheduling of meetings, etc.;
• Manage assigned projects, send necessary information and reminders;
• Help to organize various events and meetings related to the school;
• Order course materials including books with the consultation of the faculty;
• Coordinate the student research day;
• Arrange room and other necessary logistics for meetings and social events organized by the school;
• Create agendas, take notes when asked and produce meeting minutes;
• Maintain file cabinets and ensure up to date record keeping;
• Make travel arrangements, including registration to conferences and other events;
• Complete different departmental forms (purchase request form, equipment utilization sheet);
• Make copies of the documents as assigned by the Dean and also according to the needs of the school;
• Other errands assigned by the Dean.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
• Minimum Bachelor's Degree is required;
• More than 2 years administrative assistant experience or equivalent;
• Strong computer skills required;
• Strong Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel skills required;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills;
• Excellent knowledge of English, Azerbaijani languages:
• Ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels in a team.
Interested candidates are requested to submit, preferably in Word or PDF format, attached to an e-mail message: (1) a letter of interest specifying suitability for the position, when available and minimum expected salary (in AZN), (2) an updated resume and (3) the names, email and business addresses of at least 3 references.
Send materials via e-mail to [email protected]az specifying the Job Title in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The cut-off date for application is September 23, 2018.
ADA University offers a competitive remuneration package and attractive conditions of employment of high standard. For more information about ADA University, please visit www.ada.edu.az