Head of Internal Control
“PASHA Bank” is looking for candidates to join our team as Head of Internal Control.
PASHA Bank is one of Azerbaijan’s leading corporate banks. Established in 2007, we offer all major financial services, including investment banking, trade financing and asset management to a range of clients, from large corporates to small and medium enterprises. The Bank works particularly closely with companies operating in the non-oil sectors of the economy, including agriculture, transportation, construction and retail, which are vital for helping Azerbaijan to diversify its economy.
Responsible for establishment and management of internal control function in bank, which includes providing assurance regarding the achievement of objectives related to Operations (effectiveness and efficiency), Reporting (reliability), and Compliance (Law and other regulations).
According to the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision, the system of effective internal controls is a critical component of bank management and a foundation for the safe operation of banking organizations. A system of strong internal controls can help to ensure that the goals and objectives of a banking organization will be met, that the bank will achieve long-term profitability targets, and maintain reliable financial and managerial reporting. Such a system can also help to ensure that the bank will comply with laws and regulations as well as policies, plans, internal rules and procedures, and decrease the risk of unexpected losses or damage to the bank’s reputation.
• To build effective Internal Control function in bank in collaboration with Risk Management, Compliance, Internal Audit and other functions according to best international practices (Basel Committee BS, COSO) and focused to mid-long term strategic objectives of the bank.
• To establish Bank’s internal control framework and its integration to the management system
• To ensure procedures are in place to evaluate continuously whether each of the internal control components (Control Environment, Risk Assessment, Control Activities, Information and Communication, Monitoring Activities) are in place and internal controls are adequately in place within each component in order to maintain components.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Education: Bachelor degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or Law. MBA is highly preferable.
• Work experience: 10 years of related experience in compliance, auditing, and internal control systems, understanding of COSO and Basel requirements, 5 years of experience in management role, 3 years of experience in Banking industry.
• Foreign Language: English (fluent), Russian (fluent).
• License / Certificate: ACCA or CPA or CIMA or CIA or FRM is highly desirable.
• Computer Skills: MS Office (advanced).
• Analytical skills: Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
• Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Dependability: Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
• Business Acumen: Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
• Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
• Communication skills: strong communication and negotiation skills, ability to assess and make preventive decisions independently and unbiased for the best interest of the highest standards, where necessary must be ready to coach and train the key stakeholders to equip the organization with solid control mechanisms.
• Conflict management and negotiation skills: ability to resolve conflicts, tense situations, bring parties to mutual understanding and agreement.
Interested Candidates please send your CV to [email protected] indicating “Head of Internal Control” in the subject line of your message. Otherwise, your candidacy will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Head of Strategic Analysis and Planning Division, Strategy Department
“PASHA Bank” OJSC is seeking a Head of Strategic Analysis and Planning Division, Strategy Department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare strategic plans (strategy reviews), identify objectives, initiatives and targets for the 3-year strategic period
• Assess market, determine bank's competitive position and perform researches and analytics (e.g. on macroeconomics, global trends, technology / innovation, market, competition, products)
• Prepare documents and presentations related to strategic initiatives with targets and implementation plans
• Perform pre and post evaluation of financial impact of the strategic initiatives
• Provide continuous researches and analytical support for strategic decision making
• Provide support to business units in terms of strategy alignment and target achievement
• Ensure the bank-wide awareness on strategic objectives, initiatives and targets and coordinate communication of strategic content relying on a range of channels and methods
• Be a change agent/advocate and advisor to management during strategic implementation
• Manage strategic planning and strategy review processes
Knowledge, skills and experience requirements:
• Master’s degree in management, business, finance, economy or other related field from a reputable university
• 7-10 years of work experience with at least 3 years in a managing role, including minimum:
- 3 years in financial services
- 3 years in strategy and/or research related role
• Good command of Azerbaijani and English, both written and spoken. Knowledge of Russian is a plus
• Advanced Excel and PowerPoint user
• Track record of strong financial and business analysis skills, relevant certification is a plus
• In-depth knowledge of macroeconomics, and global business and technology trends
• Thorough understanding of local and foreign banking industry, banking products, sales channels and risk implications
• Strong communication and presentation and report writing skills
• Open-minded, effective team player, with strong ability to influence and win respect
HOW TO APPLY:
interested candidates are required to submit:
CV to [email protected];
Put " IT Project Manager" in the subject line;
CVs should be sent by the 6 October, 2019.
Attention: The candidates will go through initial CV screening review. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
IT Risk Specialist
The IT Risk Manager is a role within the Corporate Risk Management Business Unit of PASHA Bank. The role is responsible for defining, managing and executing the process of identifying, analyzing and mitigating, sharing and accepting business risks and paying special attention to business risks related to IT service provision.
• Detection, evaluate and monitoring of IT risks at all levels
• Design, document, implement and operate suitable risk management and audit procedures
• Alignment and integration of risk management process with normal IT business processes
• Participation in the business change management process
• Initiate IT changes implementation for mitigation of operational risks
• IT application related to fraud management
• Validation and control of IT application business functionality
• Work with PMO to understand and mitigate business risks related to late delivery of IT solutions
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Education: Bachelor degree in information technology, finance, economics or other relevant field
• Work experience: Minimum 2-3 year experience in Credit, Risk or relevant field
• License / Certification: Certification of IT and IT security is preferred
• Foreign Language: English (fluent)
• Computer Skills: Microsoft Office
HOW TO APPLY:
interested candidates are required to submit:
CV to [email protected];
Put "IT Risk Manager" in the subject line;
CVs should be sent by the 06 October, 2019.